The Fr. Anton McDonagh chalice is the only memorial left today, whose association with the Franciscan Friary at Ballymote is stamped on it. The inscription on the base of the Chalice in abbreviated Latin translates, “For the Convent of the Friars Minor of Ballymote: Friar Anton McDonagh had it made: September 1688”. This precious vessel will be making a return visit to the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Ballymote at the 11.30am Mass on Sunday August 4th courtesy of Bishop Kevin Doran, Sligo.
Further Information: 086 3542905